Natural Stone Bathroom Tiles – Known for their aesthetic value and all around good looks rock tiles created from natural stone are becoming quite popular. These naturally occurring rocks, or pebbles as they are occasionally called, come from riverbeds or places where they’ve been polished to a smooth finish by running water once they have been gathered they’re modeled into a slab with the necessary contour according to what the customer wants and afterwards installed relatively easily. They have a great-looking finish and are used on floors and also counters, pavements, and even on some walls. Glass mosaic tiles are also used for all these functions and have inherent edges. Although they’re interchangeable in some uses, they have a few disadvantages. They include;
Natural Stone Bathroom Tiles – Pros and Cons
1. The pebble tiles come in many various colors sizes and contours along with a varying texture; that makes it better in some ways compared to the glass mosaic. The glass tile however could be modified to fit needs.
2. The pebble tiles will wear less and last longer in relation to the glass tile due to how it is not as fragile and much less likely to chip.
3. Natural rock tile plus the glass mosaic tiles both have been used for countless decades, however the rock tiles still stand out as a fashionable finish. They have not gone out of style and they complement just about any kind of interior finish that you want to use.
4. Natural stone tiles are extremely affordable and easy to keep while the glass mosaic tiles are more expensive and require more work to keep. Excessive cleaning of the tiles just in re-shining the pebbles while the glass tiles are not more difficult to scratch and that makes them look worn.
5. The glass tiles do not have the warm colors of the stone tiles, even though they can be found in a wide array of colours. The warm colors of the tile are homey and inviting. This is why the rock tiles are used more frequently in conference centers, offices and households where a warm serenity is wanted.
6. As a result of its versatility stone tiles are a sought after commodity. The immeasurable capability of the stone tiles to be molded into almost any configuration including floor and bathroom tiling, kitchen slabs, and pavement slabs make it very popular.
7. Since they’re naturally occurring rock tiles are almost always available and simple to find, while the glass tiles are more difficult to find and sometimes need to be pre-ordered before you start on your endeavor.
You need to take the application into account, although we have been talking about the benefits of rock tiles over glass tiles. Depending on the rest of the toilet the glass tiles might only look better.
See another Natural Stone Bathroom Tiles on the next page
Gallery of: The Benefits of Natural Stone Bathroom Tiles
- Sliced Java Tan Pebble Tile 1 sq.ft. (Mesh Mounted)
- Sea Green Pebble Tile 1 sq.ft. (Mesh Mounted)
- Polished Mixed Pebble Tile 12×12
- MS International 12 in. x 12 in. Black-White Pebbles Marble Mosaic Floor & Wall Tile – Box of 5 sqf
- Glazed Charcoal Black Pebble Tile 1 sq.ft. (Mesh Mounted)
- Black Natural River Rock Pebble Tile
- Bali Cloud Pebble Tile 1 sq.ft. (Mesh Mounted)